Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Hirsutism, Chakras and Spirituality

Hello Everyone,

So I am finally updating this blog!

I found some interesting information regarding hirsutism, chakras and spirituality. I am not sure how you all feel about this, but it certainly resonates with me. The website is called healer. ch. It is moderated by the Brofman Foundation for the Advancement of Healing. This is taken from their message boards. Here is the link:

http://bodymirror.proboards42.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1141020124&page=1


Here is a brief overview of the discussion:

"could you please let me know for a lady with hirituism (excessive hair) on her legs and chin, sideburns, eyebrows, face, stomach, breasts, hands, toes and 'female anatomy' what the associated chakra and reasoning for such an illness is."

-excess yang (male) energy and greater expression of the male rather than the female side
-Trying to be more like a male in order to satisfy a parent
-The person has to love themselves as a woman, and be proud and happy to be a woman
-learn to see yourself as beautiful and worthy of love - love from yourself and from others
- it is the effect of what they were doing in their consciousness, and the results of deep decisions that they had made, in response to conditions to which they reacted at the time the symptom began
-"But you say that you are very feminine, so, although when you look in the mirror you can't help noticing the hair, other people will see your femininity shining through! Concentrating on your femininity and enjoying it will help your confidence to grow, but unfortunately, being stressed and focusing on the hair will help the hair to grow"
-brow and sacral chakra imbalance



I am unsure of how others feel about such an outlook on health, illness and disease. I know that I feel very strongly about the body and sickness as metaphors for larger and deeper (and perhaps more personal) issues that take place on an emotional and spiritual level.

Here's a little more about myself:

For the past year, my hirsutism has been a source of utter confusion (and anguish). I am turning 22 next month, and while I could dream my life away when I was a kid, I cannot do that anymore as I know longer want to be blind to reality. I was born with hirsutism and the medical doctors that I have seen have told me that my hirsutism is idiopathic, therefore having no underlying basis.
I have been thinking a lot about how to deal with this thing that supposedly has no cause. It's making me re-evaluate my life, my self, and most importantly my beliefs - all in order to find a root to this all. I fall upon the idea of the imbalance of energies etc as I believe that there is a lot more to us than just our physical selves. One piece of advice that really stood out for me from the discussion on healer.ch was the one regarding family. From the time that I was very little to do this day, I have always had to be fortress in my family - the one to make everything to okay, the one to keep the family together, the one to make everyone feel better (my mother in particular for whom I often felt the need to fulfill the role my father never played). Considering all of this and my relationship with my mother, I am now not surprised that I am hirsute. I still wish that I didnt have to deal with this in the first place, but perhaps there is something, like a lesson, I must learn.

I am trying very hard, and I will keep on trying till this gets better. I don't believe in making compromises, especially in terms of my happiness and well being so if someone tells me that there is nothing I can do about this...I am not going to listen! I spent a lot of today in bed, and even had a bit of a good cry (!), which we all know is sometimes necessary and even comforting, but Im feeling better now and so much more hopeful. I dont know what tomorrow will bring, but as long as I do what feels most right in my heart, I think everything might just be okay.


All the best everyone!
A.

ps- let me know what you think, I'm a bit curious.

12 comments:

  1. Hi A,

    Great blog! Like you I believe there is something spiritual to hair that goes beyond our understanding. I happen to have a twin blog to yours, as a guy who's always found women with hair to touch my soul. Would love to chat.

    Niko
    ayrton 7 at yahoo dot com (all attached)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niko,

    Thanks so much for your comment! It's nice to know that there are some men out there that appreciate hirsute women. Though I'm curious - what exactly about it moves you so deeply?

    Concerning hair and spirituality, I do agree with you, but I tend to feel that there is a spiritual and emotional make up to all disease/illness.
    Having said this, it seems that I view hirsutism in a negative light (considering that i refer to it as a disease/illness). Well, I do and I don't. If I felt more at peace with myself as a person and my life, I suppose I would be more accepting of my hirsutism. However, because I find so many problematic areas in my life and self, I feel as if they are a negative influence. Once I learn to deal with all of this, and still remain hirsute, perhaps it will be then that I see it as something natural to me which I shouldnt try to change.

    On another note- I am beginning to settle into myself though, even to the degree of being comfortable about venturing into the world of relationships!


    Again- thank you so much for your comment, interest and appreciation. I would love to continue this conversation. Thanks for your blog too! It's a wonderful presence!


    Take care,
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi A: a lot of hirsute women refer to their nature as an issue, so you're not alone. And, I can understand why society isn't making it easy to go on with life as if hair wasn't there. It is, and some people don't understand. But at the same time hair is beauty and a sign of good physical health. I posted a blog a few days ago on the duality of feelings that occurs with extra hair. It matters and it doesn't, at the same time (if that makes any sense).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I hope your blog is helpful to yourself and many like you. It is very difficult for women to be very hairy in America at this time in history. It is a condition that does cause despair, depression and even suicide. I am a man very much attacted to very hirsute women and I must say these women seem to live in a thick shell built mutually by self loathing and social constructs on what is acceptable appearance. I have much to say about the suffering and like what you say in your Charkas theories
    "The person has to love themselves as a woman, and be proud and happy to be a woman
    -learn to see yourself as beautiful and worthy of love - love from yourself and from others"
    This is very important "therapy" It appears from my experiance that it is absolutely useless for me to say how sexy and beautiful hairy women are to me and other men. If the hairy woman strongly hates herself how lots of hair looks on her body, how can she accept the good graces that come from a nice man who actually likes what she despises most about herself ? It becomes impossible for the woman not to transfer her own hatred of body hair onto a person who likes it and she inevitably closes that good and well meaning person out of her life. This is part of the "shell" hairy woman build for their own self imposed exile and sadly it isn't understood . So yes I cannot say enough how much I agree how important it is to not only love yourself as a woman, but as a hairy woman. Try not to see yourself as a man , or see the hair as grotesque and ugly. Avoid the obsession about the spread of hair most people will never see anyways . Look at it, touch it, pet it and enjoy how it feels. Be proud of how rare and special you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Buddy..
    How are you..?
    Whats method are you using for removing the unwanted hair..? till now..?

    I have come across the product which has proved every effective for this problem..
    I found it on the internet search with the name br. hair hinder
    Basically what is described in its prescription is ...like..this..

    *BR. Hair Hinder (only for external use) - is a UNIQUE Researched HERBAL LIQUID which is effective and easy to use at home. It does not cause any irritation on the skin and is thus very safe. The herbal extract liquid should be used after plucking the unwanted hair from the affected area. You just need to apply it after washing the area with any dry Toilet (Dettol) soap - twice daily (once at bed time and other anytime during day) for at least 1 week from the day of plucking (called 1 session). It is a dropper bottle and you shake the bottle well before use. These fine herbal extract particles go deep into the open hair pores (after hair being plucked) and make the roots dead. This stops the growth of hairs which are plucked well and retard the growth from the roots in which external shaft breaks while plucking.

    So, when ever some hair growth comes in the area next time - you just need to pluck or wax and then apply *BR. Hair Hinder at home for 1 week. It takes 3-5 sessions to have visible change. Keep on applying like this for as many sessions as required until hair growth in the area is nil. This gives smooth skin with no discoloration - without using costly therapies with irritating side effects. Note- If a male is using *BR. Hair Hinder OR the lady has any menstrual problem or hormonal imbalance or PCOD, even in these cases the hair growth becomes weak and negligible with regular use of *BR. Hair Hinder :)

    The product can reach you through courier..through out the world...

    Hoping the best for you..
    Dr.Bhandari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks A, Niko & Merchvent! Hello Dr. Bhandari could you please help me with your contact details?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, definitely there are spiritual reasons of hirsutism. For example in my case it was my parentsÅ› wish to have a boy and they received a lot of congratulations on the birth of a boy even before I was born! /at that time there was no sonography/. So it must be the punishment for my parents´ iniquity. Actually, I am still single, middle-aged and I have developed acne vulgaris in addition to that which is nothing nice to look at on my face, shoulders and in my V-neck in summer. I consider it to be within the God´s plan for me. He simply makes some people "eunuchs" for His kingdom. Actually, I haven´t decided by myslef, nor sacrified my sexuality to God, God simply decided for me and what can I do against His sovereign decision? Nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi dear,i have a suggestion for you, learn the ho'oponopono from now, this hawaiian healing technique is amazing and will help you .

      Delete
  10. i am 24 years old i am a male i dont have any facial hair i dont have hair on my chest legs hands what should be done to increase my hair growth please comment plz help me

    ReplyDelete