Saturday, March 8, 2008

Another Hirsutism Support Group!

I encourage everyone to check this out:

http://www.keratin.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

I personally found this very helpful, as not only are there lots of women using it, it very openly and honestly discusses some of the more sensitive issues such as dealing with relationships, self-esteem, emotions, and even thoughts of suicide.
It's not all bleak though as there is even a thread on various things that have been working for people such as exercise, changes in diet etc.

I was quite surprised to find this forum as I had searched extensively (and found very little) before creating this blog. However, it was definitely a pleasant surprise, especially considering the number of stories that people have contributed. It's always a relief to know that one is not alone.

I hope that everyone is well and having a good weekend,

Much love,
A.

3 comments:

  1. Cool, I found that forum site a while ago. It's sort of hiding because it isn't just about excessive hair, but other follice/hair problems as well.

    My name on there is 'iamthespoke'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure where to post this or if you already know of it...but I found this today and thought it was kind of promising:

    http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/saw-palmetto.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey A, great work...the forum is really helpful. It gives lot of comfort to share ur biggest problem with someone who can really understand it.

    Regards,
    S

    ReplyDelete