Friday, June 27, 2008

happy camper...?

Soooooo,

I am going camping this weekend. it's my first time.

oh god.

i've been trying to remove all my hair for the trip, but i haven't quite succeeded. i found a great sugaring recipe (posted above) which has worked wonders on my arms and legs. i wasnt able to find the time to *attack* (!) the other areas of my body so i bailed and took to shaving. the major areas i had to do were my back, chest and thighs....

my body is so red and sore from the blade now. i dont think i've ever felt so cruel. i wasn't able to reach all of my back and now i have this dumb patch of hair smack in the centre. i think i'll lie and say i forgot my bathing suit. maybe it will rain.

i wanted to ask my mum if she would be able to help me sugar my back, but she was so tired when she got home from work that i didnt bother asking. i am still unemployed for the summer, but i have money saved up for naturopathic treatment and the occasional 'emergency' salon waxing. neither of which i have tried as yet.

my skin is still burning from the irritation, so i think i will probably sleep undressed tonight. i really love the feeling of the sheets against my skin. clothes can be such a burden sometimes...
i recently purchased some unrefined sesame oil to use as moisturizer. the specific oil has been specified in ayurvedic science (an indian healing system), so i guess a part of me hopes that it will help put an end to a certain area of my life.

its 2:30am now and i have to wake by 5.
i am pretty sleepy.
if it's okay, im only going to post a link to the recipe (and change it to a real post later):
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/ancient-egyptian-body-sugaring.html



hope that each and every one of you is doing and feeling beautifully
-A.


ps - I THINK ITS RAINING OUTSIDE! holy shit!

5 comments:

  1. Wouldn't electrolysis for the face and laser or intense pulsed light for the body work for people with hirsutism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, those methods work quite well for people with hirsutism, I should put up some information regarding them. I am especially interested in IPL though, I've read of people that have experienced very positive results. Even though IPL is definitely the cheaper/economical option, I am going to have to wait a while for my turn because currently I am a mere university student and I am already a heart attack thinking of the student loan I am going to have to pay back when I graduate in 2 years! GODDAMN!

    Thanks for the heads up though -I should probably update this blog...SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,
    thanks for your website. I'm in my early 40's and hirsutism has greatly affected my life and I just want to tell you not to let it ruin your life like it did mine. I have turned away so many great people who wanted to be in a relationship with me,....only to find out years later, when I did get into a relationship, that most guys don't even care about hair!!! I have hair on my knees for gods sake and also some on my butt! And, my last boyfriend and I didnt break up after 3 years, because of my hair either! Now that I'm single and going out again, I have the same issues, like, what is the guy going to think if he finds out, and how can I make sure he never finds out. People just dont understand about hirsutism; they don't understand that you can't just shave your butt or you will have stubble, you cant use cream depilatory, because then your butt is abnormally smooth, which also draws a lot of attention. When I was with my boyfriend in my early twenties, I was hell bent on him not finding out, and I would either get waxed, or use cream depilatory THE DAY of when I knew we would be intimate. I would cringe when his hand would try to touch my butt or I thought it was about to, because it would be SO smooth, I knew it would feel TOO smooth. The time when I felt most comfortable with my body was when mylast boyfriend and I would be intimate, after he already knew that I had a "little" hair problem. we would joke about, but it truly didn't bother him, or me after that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was born a hirsute, I could compete with my dad for who has the hairiest legs or butt. Well my boyfriend and I were going to b intimate for the first time, and the day of the "act" I finished shaving everything my chin, my upper lip,my legs, my butt, my tummy etc. At first everything was ok I was still a bit scared that I might have missed a spot and that he could find it at any moment. That did not happen, the problem was that a few hours later my skin had gotten so irritated that it felt like I had thousands of needles stabbing my skin. Everytime he touched me I would cringe, I didn't want him to touch me anymore, not because of the pain, but because I didn't want him to feel how irritated my skin was. He kept asking why it got so irritated. What do you answer to that? How can u just tell your boyfriend your hirsute?

      Delete